Equitix are looking to employ a graduate or recently qualified project manager with a construction or a quantity surveying background to work as a development manager within Hub South West Scotland Limited.
Job Title: Development Manager- Graduate
Based: This post will be based at Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill, however applicants must be willing to travel to sites across Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and Dumfries & Galloway, and travel to London when required.
- Assisting in the management and development of projects from inception through to financial close.
- Working closely with Public Sector bodies in the South West Region.
Job Title Development Manager-Graduate
Employing Company Equitix Limited
Location South West Scotland
Reports to General Manager
Direct Reports Project Managers
The Graduate Development Manager is responsible for ensuring new projects are developed in accordance with the New Project Development Method Statement taking projects from inception through to financial close. They will manage the development team and supply chain and ensure Participants are receiving a consistently high level of service. The Development Manager-Graduate assist in the collation of the Project Development related KPIs. Their role will also include:
SW hubco Business Management
- Assist in selection and appraisal of supply chain partners in conjunction with Participant
- Facilitate interface co-ordination
- Identify local suppliers, keep them informed of potential projects and maintain strong working relationships
- Prepare monthly progress report on all new projects for SW hub Board
- Co-ordinate work of partners/supply chain to ensure delivery of SW hub policy objectives
- Ensure design quality throughout all proposals
- Ensure lessons learnt and good practice around design quality, construction methods, lifecycle and FM are shared across the partnership
- Identify best practice from other hubs
- Initiate the development of standardised details and components on each of the facilities
- Establish Design Best Practice Forum
New Project Development
- Lead SW hub activities at Stage 0
- Ensure supply chain design partners are appointed with suitable competence
- Assist the participant in identifying options for projects
- Co-ordinate any architectural inputs
- Maintain master programme and ensure all projects progress through new project process
- Meet all follow-on project timescales
- Evaluate quality and sufficiency of participant information in order to advise SW hub Board to accept or reject the project
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Obtain Board approval for acceptance of new project, stage 1 submission and stage 2 submission
- Ensure all projects meet planning, design, building approval and Third party requirements
- Ensure consistency of approach and quality of outputs across all new projects
- Provide day to day support to the Construction, Project and Cost Managers
- Champion best practice initiatives
- None (See Construction Manager)
Value for Money
Deliver KPIs relating to new project development including timeliness and quality of proposal
Background necessary/Person specification:
- Applicants should ideally be degree qualified in Construction Management, Project Management or Quantity Surveying.