Equitix is looking to employ a Development Manager to place with hub South West Scotland Ltd. The candidate should ideally have either a construction, building or a quantity surveying background. The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate suitable experience in managing multi-discipline teams, be commercial and engage proficiently with Clients.
Job Title: Development Manager (DM)
Based: Strathclyde Business Park, Bellshill, Lanarkshire. Candidate must also be able to travel to sites across the South West territory which includes Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and Dumfries & Galloway. This role may also include occasional travel to London
- Responsible for the management and development of infrastructure projects from inception through to financial close including supply chain selection.
- Working closely with Public sector organisations located within the South West Region
- Direct Reports - Development Director
The Development Manager is responsible for ensuring new projects are developed in accordance with the ‘New Project Development Method Statements’ taking projects from inception through to financial close. The DM will manage the development team, supply chain, and ensure our Public Sector Partners (Participants) are receiving a consistently high level of service. The DM will be accountable for achieving the Project Development related KPIs. Their role will also include:
Hubco Business Management
- Assist in selection and appraisal of supply chain partners in conjunction with Participant
- Prepare monthly progress report on all new projects for the hub South West Board
- Co-ordinate work of partners/supply chain to ensure delivery of hub South Wests’ policy objectives
- Ensure design quality throughout all proposals
- Ensure lessons learnt and good practice around design quality, construction methods, lifecycle and FM are shared across the partnership
- Initiate the development of standardised details and components on each of the facilities
New Project Development
- Lead hub South West activities at Stage 0
- Ensure supply chain design partners are appointed with suitable competence
- Assist the participant in identifying options for projects
- Co-ordinate any architectural inputs
- Maintain master programme and ensure all projects progress through new project process
- Meet all follow-on project timescales
- Evaluate quality and sufficiency of participant information in order to advise SW hub Board to accept or reject the project
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Obtain Board approval for acceptance of new project, stage 1 submission and stage 2 submission
- Ensure all projects meet planning, design, building approval and Third party requirements
- Ensure consistency of approach and quality of outputs across all new projects
- Provide day to day support to the Construction, Project and Cost Managers
Value for Money
- Ensure that new projects are delivered within the Affordability Caps.
- Deliver KPIs relating to new project development including timeliness and quality of proposals
Applicants should ideally be degree qualified in either Construction Management, Project Management, Building or Quantity Surveying.