Morgan Sindall Construction has been appointed to build six early years nurseries worth almost £10 million by hub South West Scotland on behalf of North Lanarkshire Council.
In total, the schemes will provide the region with 359 vital additional early years places. The local authority’s investment is in keeping with Holyrood’s commitment to double the provision of free early learning and childcare, to 1,140 hours per child each year by the end of 2020.
The new centres will be:
- Netherton, Carbarns East, Wishaw
- Coltness, Innerleithen Drive, Coltness
- Carbrain, Beechwood Court, Cumbernauld
- Bonkle, Abernethyn Road, Crindledyke
- Petersburn, Petersburn Road, Airdrie
- Newhouse, Centre Street, Chapelhall
Construction is now underway on all sites barring at Coltness, where work will commence shortly. The projects will be completed before the end of summer this year.
Last November, Morgan Sindall Construction was appointed to deliver three early years nurseries for South Lanarkshire Council through hub South West.